Being a team manager

Back to Article
Back to Article

Being a team manager

Yuqi Yang, Editor-In-Chief

Here at Country Day, students are being offered various sport opportunities. One of them, being helping out a team as a manager, was definitely the highlight of my sport season.  

Being a manager requires a lot of hard work and time commitment, but in the end, everything pays off. Talking from personal experience, I went from a person who knows nearly nothing about volleyball expect how to spell it to some sort of pro manager. I still remembered the first day I stepped on the court, looking lost, and was not exactly sure whether if I had signed up for the right thing. It might took me a little longer than a while to get used to the drill, but it all turned just right. I now know how to focus on the game and do perfect status at the same time. How much more impressive can that be?

By spending time with the team, I got to know all kinds of amazing people, and by that, I mean it. I do not want to get too poetic, but they are all like dazzling gemstones, each shine in their own way. I have always feel blessed every single time I talked to them. Seriously, how lucky can a person be to meet people like them? I have learned so much from my teammates and all I want to say is that I am grateful to have them in my life.

Although being a manager is about hardship and dedication, the job itself is a lot of fun. Oh well, maybe except the time when you get hit by a volleyball. Again, this might not be the best thing in the world, it is also not the worse thing ever. To my opinion, it is worth it because in the end, all those sweats and complains turned into lovely memories with your teammates, and isn’t that just the best thing of all time?